Friday, January 26, 2007

I Think I May Be Going Crazy

What part of “What are you doing on Wednesday” don’t you understand?

I was scheduled for a court proceeding on Wednesday the 24th. (see my post number 1) I wanted some moral support so I thought I’d call a friend to see if she would go with me. With me so far? Well on Monday night I called her and I opened the conversation with “What are you doing on Wednesday?” She said, “working.” She works as an LVN at the hospital where I work and also does home health care on her days off. So I asked, “at the hospital" She said, “no,” she would be doing her home health care. And she could probably squeeze me in after her morning clients. The court time was for 11:00am.

So I told her why I had asked her that question. At the end of the conversation she told me to remind her. I told her that I would call her the day of the event. So that morning I called her to remind her. She said she was at work at the hospital and that she thought that the court date was on Thursday. I’m like “duh” and I went through the conversation we had.

Now I’m thinking, “am I speaking a different language from every one else?" When I talk to people do they only hear, “bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.” I wonder if I’m I’m just an alien from another planet and I haven’t learned the language yet?

This has happened before with this same friend. I wanted her to perm my hair. So I called her and asked her when was her next day off and does she feel like doing my hair for me? She said Thursday and yes. I said that’s good but I have a doctor’s appointment in the morning, could she do it in the afternoon. Fine. We discussed the fact that I would call her if I was running late. So I call her before I left for my appointment and she said, I’m at the hospital. Picture me slapping my face in disbelief.

Now I’m thinking that I should just stop speaking to people altogether. And I’m not just saying that because of just those 2 incidents. It has happened before.

I’m also thinking of having myself checked. What kind of doctor would I have to go to do you think?

Am I the only one this is happening to? And I’m not that old either. It’s too early for me to be going through a mid-life crisis.

No comments: