Thursday, January 25, 2007

10 Most Stolen Vehicles In Texas

Did you know that leaving your car keys in the ignition is against the law? I didn’t either. But leaving your car keys in the ignition is not only against the law it is also very foolish.

Case in point. I am the evening receptionist at a hospital. I will refrain from mentioning the name of the hospital. I don’t want to be like that guy who got fired from Microsoft. Although a little publicity couldn’t hurt.

Anyway as I was saying, this evening at work the security guard told me that some young opportunist had stolen a 2005 GMC Sierra pickup and drove it into the hospital parking lot. He parked, got out and was ready to be on his way when the guard stopped him when he noticed that he was heading for the street and not going inside the hospital. He took off like a bat out of hell taking the car keys with him. Apparently his plan was to lay low until the coast was clear.

It turned out that the unsuspecting vehicle owner had gotten out of the vehicle at the service station just up the block from the hospital leaving his key in the ignition. Had he listened to the news the night before he would have known that his GMC Pickup was the number 7 most stolen vehicle in Texas.

I bet he won’t be making THAT mistake again!!

No comments: