Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Spring is in the air!

And I can't wait!!! Actually spring has already made it to North Texas, unofficially anyway. I wanted to get this in real early as last year we went from winter directly into summer and we didn't get a break until mid to late September. This being North Texas I can start talking about gardening. Yes, I've spent some time in my yard pulling weeds and planting late winter into spring flowers. Someone gave me a daylily plant last year so I’ve decided to add some more to my landscape, some yellow ones as I'm in a yellow mood this year. And I've already planted some yellow pansies. As luck would have it I had some yellow bluming plants already coming up, however I can't remember what they are. Looks like I'm going to be doing some research here shortly.

Being from Jamaica in the West Indies, I love tropical plants. My favorite is Coleus. Last year I got one or two of every kind I could find in the stores. Home Depot, Lowes, Mike’s Garden center and my local nursery loved to see me coming! Last year too my local nursery had several coleus that was specifically for planting in full sun. However with the heat we had here in North Texas last year I had to relocate them mid season. They just barely made it through the summer. I don’t know if I’m going to plant any coleus this year as I have to constantly monitor them for aphids. I’m into low maintenance so bugs bug me.

Speaking of new beginnings. I'm always looking for ways to make my website better so that I can make some more money so I can quit my J.O.B. and last week I came across this website called Site Build It!.

I'm getting REALLY excited about their them. Their website has a wealth of information that I'm still trying to digest. Check it out for yourself. SiteSell

Until next time...


Lorna/
SiteSell Blog

No comments: