Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Things Are Starting to Get Ugly

My mantra when I was younger was I don't discuss politics or religion, mainly because I didn't pay much attention to either. My opinion is that since there are no two people who will EVER agree on the same points of any issue, it is just a waste of time and effort on my part. Though I still have the same mantra, I now pay more attention to both subjects.

Take the issue we have here in Texas, the Governor Rick Perry's mandate regarding girls entering the 6th grade. Governor Perry has mandated that all girls entering the 6th must be vaccinated with the HPV vaccine.

I feel that it's the parents’ decision as to whether or not their daughters get vaccinated. Read it for yourself.

Also, we are giving the kids the wrong message here. There is ONE sure way of NOT contacting the virus.

One question keeps running through my mind, what about the BOYS? If the virus can only be contacted through intimate contact, and since this contact will presumably be with a BOY, how come they don’t have a vaccination for the BOYS?

Then there is this thing between Clinton and Obama. You can read the whole store if you'd like.

Just my 2 cents worth.

No comments: