Sunday, March 11, 2007

My Favorite Store...the Home Depot

I've developed a love of gardening. Its only natural since my grandmother was a keen gardener and my Mom won a prize for the best yard on her block when she lived in New York. Now she is trying to duplicate that in Florida. And now its my turn. I got the bug about 4 years ago. I'm a late bloomer...no pun intended.

Follow the progression, Jamaica, West Indies, Queens, New York, Lakeland Florida and to me, Fort Worth, Texas.

Saturday I went to the Home Depot...which could hands down be my FAVORITE store. The location I went to was PACKED. It seemed as though everyone here in North Texas had the same thought...I must go to the Home Depot!!! They had SO much gardening products and supplies in stock that they had to leave some of the pallets of soil and such in the parking lot. And of course they had flowers and trees out.

Any, I got 10 bags of "sure stay" mulch. I wanted to get some top soil too, but that was all that would fit in my Vibe without putting stuff onto the seats.

I spent nearly 4 hours pulling weeds and topping off the mulch on my existing flower beds. Talk about being in PAIN! I was introduced to muscles I didn't KNOW I had!

But with all that...I still LOVE spring!!

No comments: